Global trends in private M&A
13 January 2021
We have recently produced a client presentation on global trends in private M&A. Our findings draw on an in-depth analysis of around 1,400 private M&A deals that A&O has advised on globally, looking at deal dynamics, execution risks and deal terms. This has given us exceptional insight into global and regional trends in market practice.
Key themes for 2020 include:
- Second half recovery gives grounds for cautious optimism
- Private equity active again and little distressed M&A on the horizon so far
- Sellers' focus on execution risk intensifies
- Uncertainty forces shift in pricing structures
- Buyers lose then reclaim ground on warranties and indemnities
- W&I insurance back on track after temporary decline
- A year of two halves for M&A negotiations
Please speak to your usual Allen & Overy contact if you would like to schedule a briefing on these trends.