RTPR Allen & Overy advises ADM Capital on the sale of Brikston
18 October 2017
RTPR Allen & Overy has advised private equity fund ADM Capital on the sale of Brikston Construction Solutions S.A. (previously Ceramica S.A.) to the Austrian group Wienerberger. The transaction is subject to approval by the Competition Council.
Brikston Construction Solutions S.A. is one of the major players on the masonry and finishing materials market in Romania, with over 200 employees in the factory in Iasi.
The RTPR Allen & Overy team of lawyers which assisted ADM Capital on this deal was coordinated by Costin Tărăcilă (Managing Partner) and Andrei Mihul (Managing Associate), and further included Roxana Ionescu (Counsel), Laurențiu Tisescu (Associate) and Bogdan Nae (Junior Associate).
Alex Shaik, the ADM Capital partner who coordinated this project declared: “We enjoyed the experience working with the RTPR Allen & Overy team on this transaction. Their team stands out as one of the best M&A practices in the country and their negotiation and drafting skills, as well as swift turnaround and responsiveness, made me happy to have them on ADM Capital’s side of the table.”
“We are honoured to have been part of this transaction on ADM Capital side and we would like thank them for their trust. The sale of Brikston is another example of successful Romanian business, which we had the chance to “sell” in 2014 as well, at that time we also assisted the seller, another well-known private equity fund Advent International who sold to ADM Capital paving the way for this deal.”, Costin Taracila declared.
“We would like to thank ADM Capital for putting their trust in our team and for the opportunity to work on this deal. The fact that I am currently working from Iasi allowed a proper mix between the M&A expertise specific to law firms in Bucharest with local presence which is extremely necessary during such projects. When you add to this a sophisticated client such as ADM Capital and an extremely experienced management team such as Brikston’s, the result is a structured process which allowed all transaction documents to be agreed in only two meetings between the seller and the buyer.”, Andrei Mihul declared.
The signing of this transaction represents a new recognition of the value of RTPR Allen & Overy’s M&A practice, after last week’s ranking on the top tier of the 2018 edition of the prestigious international directory IFLR1000.
RTPR was founded in 2004 and has been working in association with the London based international law firm Allen & Overy LLP since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has 45 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and Professor Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
RTPR Allen & Overy’s main areas of activity are: financing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, competition, labour law, intellectual property law, litigation and arbitration, and providing advice across a range of business sectors including energy, telecommunications, finance, real estate and the pharmaceutical industry.
Selected M&A transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been recently involved are set out below:
- Enterprise Investors in relation to the sale of Profi supermarket chain to Mid Europa Partners, in the largest deal ever completed by a private equity fund in Romania and the largest deal in the retail sector in the country’s history
- Asahi Group Holdings, Ltd. on the acquisition of Ursus Brewery, one of the largest beer producers in Romania, in a huge deal in which Asahi group purchased the SAB Miller businesses in the region from Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV
- Allianz Capital Partners on the acquisition of a 30% stake in E.ON Distributie Romania, the largest electricity and gas distribution network operator in the northern part of Romania. This is the largest transaction in Romania in the energy sector in the last years.
- South Eastern European Fund on the sale of Total Soft SA, the most important ERP producer in Central Europe
- Regina Maria, the healthcare services provider and Mid Europa Partners on the acquisition of Ponderas Hospital
- Enterprise Investors in relation to the acquisition of “Noriel” group, the largest toys and games retailer in Romania
- PAI partners, owner of R&R Ice Cream on its joint venture with Nestlé to form a new entity which will be called Froneri