RTPR Allen & Overy advises A&D Pharma on the largest transaction in the pharma sector in 2017
21 December 2017
RTPR Allen & Overy has advised the shareholders of A&D Pharma on the sale of the entire group to the pharmacy network Dr. Max owned by Penta Investments. The transaction is subject to approval by the Competition Council.
A&D Pharma group is the largest pharma group in Romania, operating wholesale, retail and marketing & sales services for pharmaceutical products and it also has operations in CEE.
The RTPR Allen & Overy team of lawyers which assisted A&D Pharma in relation to this project included Costin Tărăcilă (Managing Partner), Alina Stăvaru (Counsel), Andrei Mihul (Managing Associate) and Mihnea Radu (Junior Associate), and further included lawyers from Allen & Overy’s Amsterdam, Prague and Milan offices. The shareholders were assisted by two of the most prominent M&A consultants on the market, Radu Stoicoviciu and Raluca Niță.
Robert Popescu, A&D Pharma’s CEO declared: “We would like to thank Costin Taracila and RTPR Allen & Overy for their support. It was a real pleasure and we felt genuinely comfortable to have on our side some of the best M&A lawyers on the market and I am sure that the impressive expertise and energy of their team helped us conclude this transaction successfully.”
“I would like to congratulate A&D Pharma’s shareholders for the success of this deal and to thank them for putting their trust in RTPR Allen & Overy one more time. We believe that the secret of this successful transaction was an ideal combination between several decisive factors among which a profitable business, visionary founders and an exceptional management, which taken together led to this year’s largest transaction in the pharma industry. We are happy we had the chance to contribute to this huge success which marked the end of a year with many achievements for our team and stunning deals.”, Costin Taracila declared.
“We are honoured and happy to have advised A&D Pharma’s shareholders on this extremely intense and complex deal and we would like to thank them for the excellent collaboration throughout the whole process.”, Alina Stăvaru declared.
A&D Pharma is one of RTPR Allen & Overy’s long-standing clients, RTPR A&O’s lawyers have advised and represented A&D Pharma on numerous occasions in relation to several projects in various practice areas such as M&A, financings, capital markets, litigations, real estate.
RTPR Allen & Overy’s main areas of activity are: financing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, competition, labour law, intellectual property law, litigation and arbitration, and providing advice across a range of business sectors including energy, telecommunications, finance, real estate and the pharmaceutical industry.
Selected M&A transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been recently involved are set out below:
• Enterprise Investors on the sale of Macon group to Xella Group
• Societatea Energetică Electrica S.A. on the acquisition of the minority stakes held by Fondul Proprietatea in the company’s energy distribution and supply subsidiaries
• ADM Capital on the sale of Brikston Construction Solutions S.A., one of the major players on the masonry and finishing materials market in Romania, to the Austrian group Wienerberger
• DS Smith Plc group in relation to the acquisition of EcoPack and EcoPaper, two major producers of packaging and paper products on the Romanian market
• Enterprise Investors in relation to the sale of Profi supermarket chain to Mid Europa Partners, in the largest deal ever completed by a private equity fund in Romania and the largest deal in the retail sector in the country’s history
• Asahi Group Holdings, Ltd. on the acquisition of Ursus Brewery, one of the largest beer producers in Romania, in a huge deal in which Asahi group purchased the SAB Miller businesses in the region from Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV
• Allianz Capital Partners on the acquisition of a 30% stake in E.ON Distributie Romania, the largest electricity and gas distribution network operator in the northern part of Romania. This is the largest transaction in Romania in the energy sector in the last years.
• South Eastern European Fund on the sale of Total Soft SA, the most important ERP producer in Central Europe
• Enterprise Investors in relation to the acquisition of “Noriel” group, the largest toys and games retailer in Romania
• Regina Maria, the healthcare services provider and Mid Europa Partners on the acquisition of Ponderas Hospital