Legal adviser league tables place Allen & Overy first for debt capital markets transactions
04 February 2015
Allen & Overy has maintained its top position in the capital markets legal adviser league tables, advising issuers and managers on 879 deals worth USD650.2bn in 2014. This is 60 deals and USD100bn ahead of the nearest competitor, according to data from Thomson Reuters.
The league tables all serve to underline the extent to which the Allen & Overy capital markets group continues to lead the market. The international legal practice topped the tables in the following categories:
- Ranked first for issuers and managers on global debt, equity and equity-related transactions (Thomson Reuters)
- Ranked first for issuers and managers on global straight debt transactions including ABS and MBS (Thomson Reuters)
- Ranked first for issuers and managers on all international bonds (Thomson Reuters)
- Ranked first for issuers and managers on Euromarket bonds (Bloomberg)
- Ranked first for issuers on Euromarket high yield including emerging markets (Bloomberg)
- Ranked first for issuers on Islamic bonds (Bloomberg)
- Ranked first for issuers and managers on GCC Islamic bonds (Bloomberg)
- Ranked joint first overall for issuers and managers on EMTN programmes (Dealogic)
Simon Hill, global co-head of the International Capital Markets practice, commented: “The Thomson Reuters data shows total capital markets activity totalled over USD6.6 trillion for the full year, an increase of 3.6% on 2013, despite a number of challenging global events in the last six months of 2014. Though macroeconomic uncertainty is still very much present, the markets have shifted rather than decreased. Across the practice we’re seeing new opportunities as participants and products adapt and evolve, a trend we anticipate will continue.”
For further information, please contact Rebecca Hooper, firstname.lastname@example.org, on +44 (0) 203 3088 2152.