Continued awards recognition for Allen & Overy in the Middle East
19 November 2015
Allen & Overy is delighted to announce that the firm advised on six award-winning deals that were recognised at the inaugural Bonds, Loans & Sukuk Middle East Awards ceremony held at the Four Seasons in Dubai last night, which was more than any other law firm. These awards seek to recognise achievement and celebrate excellence in the Middle East banking and finance sector.
Of the 12 awards categories, Allen & Overy advised on multiple deals shortlisted across 10. A maximum of three deals were shortlisted in each category after a formal selection process involving submissions and interviews with industry participants. The judging panel consisted of influential international investors in the banking and finance industry.
Dubai-based partner and Head of the capital markets practice in the Middle East, Anzal Mohammed, commented: “To have advised on more award-winning deals than any other law firm is testament to our market-leading banking and capital markets practices across the region and the faith that our clients have in us to deliver innovative solutions on ground-breaking transactions. It is especially pleasing that such recognition comes from a highly-regarded and independent judging panel and concludes a year in which Allen & Overy has dominated the accolades at numerous awards ceremonies in the Middle East.”
- Investment Grade Bond/Sukuk Deal of the Year – DIFC Investments sukuk
- Syndicated Loan Deal of the Year – Dubai Aluminium syndicated structured loan facility
- Financial Institution Financing Deal of the Year – Noor Bank sukuk
- Syndicated Loan Deal of the Year by a Debut Borrower – Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC) conventional and Islamic syndicated loan facilities
- Trade & Export Finance Deal of the Year – Emirates Airline ECA-guaranteed sukuk
- Local Currency Deal of the Year – Dubai World Trade Centre syndicated facility with structured ECA tranches