Chambers USA 2021 recognizes 17 U.S. A&O practices, adding nine practice categories to their rankings
26 May 2021
New York, NY – Chambers and Partners recognized a total of 17 A&O U.S. practice areas and 36 U.S.-based partners in its annual survey, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2021. Of the 36 U.S.-based partners recognized in the 2021 Chambers guide, six individuals achieved Band 1 rankings, the highest level of counsel as determined by market research and client reviews.
The nine newly ranked A&O practice areas include:
- Banking & Finance - New York
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring: The Elite – New York
- Capital Markets Securitisation: ABS – Nationwide (new category)
- Capital Markets Securitisation: CLOs – Nationwide (new category)
- Corporate Crime & Investigations: Highly Regarded (new category)
- Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations – Washington D.C.
- Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations: The Elite – New York
- Projects: Power and Renewables: Transactional – Nationwide
- Projects: Renewables and Alternative Energy – Nationwide
In addition, the following practice groups are also ranked:
- Projects: Agency Financing – Nationwide
- Capital Markets: Derivatives – Nationwide
- Environmental: Transactional – Nationwide
- Projects: PPP – Nationwide
- Corporate/M&A: Highly Regarded – New York
- Financial Services Regulation: Broker Dealer (Compliance & Enforcement) – Nationwide
- Litigation: General Commercial: Highly Regarded – New York
Tim House U.S. senior partner of Allen & Overy congratulated the firm’s practice groups for their recognition, stating, “A&O’s U.S. business has made a concerted effort to invest in the firm’s legal talent, and the addition of nine new practice areas to Chambers rankings this year demonstrates the effectiveness of this strategy as well as the unparalleled cross-border advice our lawyers deliver to clients daily. We’re enthusiastic about our trajectory in the region and the firm’s forecasted growth over the next year, and we’re deeply grateful to all of our U.S. teams and staff for their steadfast focus and determination, especially through such a challenging year.”
Based in London, Chambers and Partners ranks leading U.S. firms and attorneys based on in-depth research and interviews with attorneys’ clients and peers. Chambers assesses attorneys on attributes most valued by clients, including technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, and commitment. Most attorneys are ranked in bands of 1-6, with all band rankings considered to be a significant achievement. Some attorneys earn specialized Chambers designations including “Senior Statesperson,” which indicates an attorney who no longer works hands-on with the same intensity but remains pivotal to the success of the firm, and “Star” individual, which is awarded to lawyers with exceptional recommendations in their fields. The Chambers USA guide is widely read by industry-leading companies and organizations nationwide. For more information, visit https://www.chambersandpartners.com.
A&O’s U.S. business has made a concerted effort to invest in the firm’s legal talent, and the addition of nine new practice areas to Chambers rankings this year demonstrates the effectiveness of this strategy as well as the unparalleled cross-border advice our lawyers deliver to clients daily.
Tim House, A&O U.S. senior partner