A&O’s European Leveraged Finance practice leads the way across several Debtwire rankings for 2020
15 January 2021
Allen & Overy has been recognised once again as the leading adviser for leveraged finance in Europe, according to data published by Debtwire.
A&O’s European Leveraged Finance practice has received leading rankings across the following categories in Debtwire’s 2020 Western Europe Leveraged Loans and High Yield Bonds Legal Advisors’ League Table Reports:
- No.1 - Western Europe Lead Banks Legal Counsel
- No.1 - Western Europe Buyout Lead Banks Legal Counsel
- No.1 - Western Europe M&A Lead Banks Legal Counsel
- No.1 - Western Europe Institutional Lead Bank’s Legal Counsel
- No.2 - Western Europe Lender’s Legal Counsel (High Yield Bonds)
- No.1 - Western Europe Sponsor-Backed Lead Bank Legal Counsel
- No.1 - Western Europe Buyout Borrower’s Legal Counsel
- No.2 - Western Europe M&A Borrower’s Legal Counsel
- No.2 - Western Europe Institutional Borrower’s Legal Counsel
Co-Head of A&O’s leveraged finance practice, Nick Clark commented: “This market recognition of our leveraged finance business is testament to the strength and depth of our team, our collaborative approach to client coverage and our commitment to excellent deal execution.”
Denise Gibson, Co-Head of A&O’s leveraged finance practice, continued “The combination of our integrated loan and high yield offering, our increased focus on the private credit market and our global reach has allowed us to remain at the front of the pack in offering the whole leveraged finance community a quality one stop solution irrespective of the capital structure”.
Co-Head of the firm’s private equity sector, Robin Harvey commented “The quality and depth of our experience and coverage across the whole range of leveraged finance solutions, structures and jurisdictions is again demonstrated by these results.”
Commenting on high yield, Partner Matthias Baudisch states “We are particularly proud of the wide variety of transactions that cemented our market position. Large and smaller transactions, acquisition financing as well as refinancings, and in particular the opportunity to bring three new names to the high yield universe in the middle of a pandemic all speak to the team’s tremendous efforts in a difficult year.”
This follows on from the news that A&O’s U.S. Leveraged Finance practice ranked in the top ten, by deal value and volume, across several categories in Debtwire’s 2020 North America Leveraged Loans Legal Advisors’ League Table Report as reported here.