A&O’s Asia practice recognised with multiple award wins, including Best Law Firm
07 March 2019
Allen & Overy has been named “Best Law Firm” at The Asset Triple A Regional Awards 2018. The Awards recognise the best in class organisations and is well respected by the banking, finance, treasury and capital markets sectors across Asia. Three deals, which the Asia team advised on, were awarded “Best Deal” in the Fixed Income and Equity categories respectively.
Allen & Overy also won ten awards at the FinanceAsia Achievement Awards 2018 which recognise outstanding deals by country and across the region. Awards include:
- Deal of the Year, Best M&A Deal, Best India Deal for Walmart’s USD16 billion acquisition of a 77% stake in Flipkart Online Services
- Best Vietnam Deal and Best IPO for Vinhomes’ VND30.8 trillion Initial Equity Offering
- Best China Deal and Best Equity Financing (early stage to pre-IPO) for advising selected advisers on Ant Financial’s USD14bn Series C funding
- Best Laos Deal for EDL-Generation’s Bt13.7 billion multi-tranche bond
- Best Mongolia Deal for Development Bank of Mongolia’s USD500 million bond deal
- Best Sri Lanka Deal for the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka’s USD2.5bn 5.75% and 6.75% April 2023 and 2028 bond deal
Vicki Liu, Hong Kong managing partner comments: “These awards are a testament to the strength and leadership of our Banking and Finance, Project Finance, Capital Markets and Corporate practices across Asia, that continue to advise on the most complex and innovative structured deals. Congratulations to all of our clients who won awards and we look forward to working with them in 2019”.