A&O named EMEA Firm of the Year for acquisitions at IJInvestor Awards 2021
09 December 2021
A&O’s infrastructure team picked up eight awards, including the prestigious EMEA Firm of the Year – Acquisitions, at the IJInvestor Awards 2021.
The awards, now in their third year and dedicated to funds and M&A activity in the energy and infrastructure markets, recognise the companies and individuals involved in the most exciting deals and market developments of the year.
The awards won by A&O were:
- EMEA Firm of the Year – Acquisitions
- Best EMEA Renewables & Energy Transition Acquisition, Wind Power – TRIG & Equitix – acquisition of stakes in Beatrice Offshore Wind Farm, UK
- Best APAC Renewables & Energy Transition Acquisition, Wind Power – CDPQ acquisition of 50% stake in Greater Changua 1, Taiwan
- Best Americas Transport Deal – AMP / Enel X joint venture for electric buses, Chile
- Best EMEA Digital Infrastructure Acquisition – Fibre Optic – SFR FttH acquisition of Covage, France
- Redefining Infrastructure Award – Partners Group acquisition of Parmaco, Nordics
- Best EMEA District Heating Acquisition – Ardian acquisition of Nevel, Finland
- Best EMEA Smart Meter Acquisition – Equitix acquisition of MapleCo
Sara Pickersgill, co-head of A&O’s Global Infrastructure Group, said: “This is great recognition from IJGlobal and its panel of judges in a year full of complexities, yet that has been a resounding success for our team at A&O. We are fortunate and grateful to our clients for repeatedly turning to us to advise them on some of the most interesting and innovative deals in the market.”