Antitrust partner Börries Ahrens to join Allen & Overy
26 June 2016
“Börries Ahrens enjoys an excellent reputation in the German market,” says Neil Weiand, senior partner of A&O Germany. “With his appointment, we are strengthening our German team in response to clients' growing needs for advice on antitrust issues.”
Hans Schoneweg, head of the German Corporate practice comments: “A leading Antitrust practice is vital for our positioning among the market leaders in the field of Corporate/M&A.”
“With his extensive experience advising companies in the retail, automotive, waste management and financial services sectors, Börries perfectly complements and strengthens our existing offering,” he added.
Börries advises on all aspects of European and German antitrust law. He regularly represents clients in merger control proceedings and cartel investigations before the German Federal Cartel Office, the European Commission, and European and German courts.
Commenting on his appointment, Börries said: “I’m very much looking forward to being part of a fast growing office in Germany, as well as the broader international global team working on some of the most challenging and complex cases in the industry.”
German Antitrust partner Ellen Braun also commented: “Over the last couple of years, A&O’s international Antitrust practice has grown significantly, which has led to securing roles on high profile multi-jurisdictional matters. Börries’ international experience adds another dimension and further broadens the impressive bench strength we can offer clients.”
The German Antitrust practice advises German and international clients on antitrust issues before the European Commission and the German Federal Cartel Office in complex merger control cases, and cartel investigations, proceedings for administrative fines, and damages and complaints.
About Allen & Overy’s global Antitrust practice:
- 26 Antitrust partners globally
- ‘Global Elite’ firm in the Global Competition Review ‘Global 100’
- Winner 2016, GCR Behavioural Matter of the Year Europe (Agency)
- Winner 2015, GCR Merger Control Matter of the Year (Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)
Notes for Editors:
- Allen & Overy is an international legal practice with approximately 5,500 people, including some 550 partners, working in more than 40 offices worldwide.
- In this press release 'Allen & Overy' means Allen & Overy LLP and/or its affiliated undertakings.
- The term 'partner’ is used to refer to a member of Allen & Overy LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or an individual with equivalent status in one of Allen & Overy LLP’s affiliated undertakings.