Allen & Overy advises Eurazeo on its investment in Electra
07 July 2022
Allen & Overy has advised investment company Eurazeo on its investment in Electra, a French company specialising in fast charging for electric vehicle (EVs).
Eurazeo led a EUR160 million fundraising round that included several other top-tier investors: RGREEN Invest, RIVE Private Investment, Serena, Groupe Chopard, SNCF (574 Invest) and RATP Group.
Electra is the third investment made by Eurazeo’s infrastructure strategy, after Ikaros Solar (Belgian provider of photovoltaic solutions) and Resource (Danish plastic waste sorting facility). Electra is fully aligned with the Group’s ambition to invest in energy and digital transition infrastructure. This investment will support the decarbonisation of the transport sector, avoiding CO2 emissions by 550,000 tons by 2026 and therefore contributing to Eurazeo’s carbon-neutrality objective.
The Allen & Overy team was led by Alexandre Ancel (Partner, Mergers and Acquisitions) and Driss Bererhi (Partner, Banking and Finance), with Julie Parent (Senior Associate) and Marie Kempf (Associate) on corporate aspects as well as Zineb Bennis (Senior Associate) on financing aspects.
The team also included:
- Laurie-Anne Ancenys (Counsel), Carla Hemery (Associate) and Juliette Mazilier (Associate) on IT aspects;
- Xavier Jancene (Partner) and Valentine Henry (Associate) on real estate law aspects;
- Marianne Delassausse (Senior Consultant) on intellectual property aspects;
- Olivier Picquerey (Partner) and Manon Gourlay (Associate) on employment aspects;
- Romaric Lazerges (Partner) and Vianney Leroux (Associate) on public law aspects.