Allen & Overy’s international Cartel and Antitrust Investigations practice represents clients on complex cross-border and national investigations.
Cartel investigations are by their nature high stakes, and cross-border. We help clients in relation to aggressive cartel enforcement across the globe, with highly experienced teams across Europe, the U.S., Asia and Australia that have been involved in most of the leading cartel cases over the past 20 years. We helped shape current U.S. and EU leniency and enforcement policies, and our team covers every aspect of government investigations and enforcement.
Our work on cartel cases includes:
- Developing and executing global defence strategies, including negotiating leniency, settlement terms, deferred prosecution agreements or plea agreements where appropriate and advising on formal proceedings
- Attending dawn raids and subpoenas served on premises to ensure our client's rights are preserved
- Implementing national or international rapid response teams to interview witnesses, review documentation and assess risk
- Creating internal and external communications strategies
- Representation of senior executives under investigation or accused of criminal antitrust violations
- Preparing for potential further inspections
News & insights
News: 05 MARCH 2021
Allen & Overy has advised Aviva on the disposal of its insurance businesses in Italy. The deal, announced on 4 March 2021, is one of the most significant M&A deals in the insurance sector in recent…Read more
News: 04 MARCH 2021
Allen & Overy’s latest Global Trends in Merger Control Enforcement report, launched today, reveals that antitrust authorities continued to frustrate deals at a significant level in 2020 with 29…Read more
Publications: 24 FEBRUARY 2021
Financial investors, including private equity businesses, can be held liable for competition law infringements committed by one of their portfolio companies.Read more
Represents defendants both in CJEU appeals against EC cartel fines and in follow-on damages actions. Also has considerable experience in market investigations in heavily regulated sectors.
Chambers UK 2020
The team handles cross-border matters well, knowing that they need to manage different approaches in different jurisdictions.
Chambers Europe 2018 Competition/Antitrust