Allen & Overy’s international Cartel and Antitrust Investigations practice represents clients on complex cross-border and national investigations.
Cartel investigations are by their nature high stakes, and cross-border. We help clients in relation to aggressive cartel enforcement across the globe, with highly experienced teams across Europe, the U.S., Asia and Australia that have been involved in most of the leading cartel cases over the past 20 years. We helped shape current U.S. and EU leniency and enforcement policies, and our team covers every aspect of government investigations and enforcement.
Our work on cartel cases includes:
- Developing and executing global defence strategies, including negotiating leniency, settlement terms, deferred prosecution agreements or plea agreements where appropriate and advising on formal proceedings
- Attending dawn raids and subpoenas served on premises to ensure our client's rights are preserved
- Implementing national or international rapid response teams to interview witnesses, review documentation and assess risk
- Creating internal and external communications strategies
- Representation of senior executives under investigation or accused of criminal antitrust violations
- Preparing for potential further inspections
News & insights
News: 16 JUNE 2021
Allen & Overy has advised Charterhouse Capital Partners on the acquisition of the telecommunications and software company Telio from Deutsche Beteiligungs AG (DBAG). DBAG invests a portion of the sale…Read more
Publications: 15 JUNE 2021
The SFC's latest annual and quarterly reports highlight the SFC's regulatory work since April 2019 and illustrate some key trends in its enforcement agenda.Read more
Blog Post: 13 MAY 2021
eDiscovery can substantially ease the process of disclosing documents to investigating authorities, particularly in multi-agency, and multi-issue investigations. This post considers how.Read more
Publications: 11 MARCH 2021
Lukas Rengier and Fabian Kolf have contributed two chapters to Lexology Getting The Deal Through's 2021 edition of Private Antitrust Litigation. The chapters provide, in a question and answer format,…Read more
Represents defendants both in CJEU appeals against EC cartel fines and in follow-on damages actions. Also has considerable experience in market investigations in heavily regulated sectors.
Chambers UK 2020
The team handles cross-border matters well, knowing that they need to manage different approaches in different jurisdictions.
Chambers Europe 2018 Competition/Antitrust