Allen & Overy’s international Cartel and Antitrust Investigations practice represents clients on complex cross-border and national investigations.
Cartel investigations are by their nature high stakes, and cross-border. We help clients in relation to aggressive cartel enforcement across the globe, with highly experienced teams across Europe, the U.S., Asia and Australia that have been involved in most of the leading cartel cases over the past 20 years. We helped shape current U.S. and EU leniency and enforcement policies, and our team covers every aspect of government investigations and enforcement.
Our work on cartel cases includes:
- Developing and executing global defence strategies, including negotiating leniency, settlement terms, deferred prosecution agreements or plea agreements where appropriate and advising on formal proceedings
- Attending dawn raids and subpoenas served on premises to ensure our client's rights are preserved
- Implementing national or international rapid response teams to interview witnesses, review documentation and assess risk
- Creating internal and external communications strategies
- Representation of senior executives under investigation or accused of criminal antitrust violations
- Preparing for potential further inspections
News & insights
Blog Post: 20 SEPTEMBER 2021
eDiscovery mistakes made during an investigation can add unnecessary delay, cost and, at worst, impact the quality and nature of evidence available. With the right knowledge and planning, these…Read more
Blog Post: 05 JULY 2021
A new data security law in China, effective 1 September, poses a potential challenge to how multinational companies handle the cross-border transfer of data requested by foreign justice or law…Read more
Blog Post: 13 MAY 2021
eDiscovery can substantially ease the process of disclosing documents to investigating authorities, particularly in multi-agency, and multi-issue investigations. This post considers how.Read more
Publications: 11 MARCH 2021
Lukas Rengier and Fabian Kolf have contributed two chapters to Lexology Getting The Deal Through's 2021 edition of Private Antitrust Litigation. The chapters provide, in a question and answer format,…Read more
Represents defendants both in CJEU appeals against EC cartel fines and in follow-on damages actions. Also has considerable experience in market investigations in heavily regulated sectors.
Chambers UK 2020
The team handles cross-border matters well, knowing that they need to manage different approaches in different jurisdictions.
Chambers Europe 2018 Competition/Antitrust