A market-leading corporate lending practice
International financial institutions and blue chip corporates continue to turn to Allen & Overy's corporate lending practice for assistance in structuring and documenting the most high profile deals in the market.
Proven track record
We are ranked No.1 legal advisor for Syndicated Loans in EMEA for both borrowers and lenders by Bloomberg and Refinitiv signifying the confidence that both borrowers and banks have in Allen & Overy.
We act on the largest global loan transactions in the world often driven by high profile corporate events. However, we are also regularly involved on less newsworthy transactions we do more deals by number than any other law firm, not just by volume
In-depth industry expertise
- a number of hybrid finance options such as bank/bond structures
- high yield
- leveraged Buyouts (LBOs)
- margin loans,
- Initial Public Offerings (IPOs)
- forward-start/refinancing facilities.
The team has also advised on a number of firsts in emerging markets, including advising on several of the biggest financings in emerging market jurisdictions to date.
News and insights
News: 17 November 2023
Allen & Overy (A&O) has advised a consortium of banks on the refinancing of existing facilities for Young & Co.’s Brewery plc (Young’s) in relation to its recommended takeover of The City Pub Group…
News: 12 September 2023
Allen & Overy (A&O) has advised Citi, as sole arranger, underwriter and bookrunner on merger facilities to assist Smurfit Kappa Group (Smurfit Kappa) in its proposed merger with WestRock Company…
Publications: 15 May 2023
In this article, first published in the May 2023 edition of Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law Greg Brown considers two recent clauses that are increasingly being included…
Publications: 03 March 2023
The October 2022 ‘mini’ budget threw pension scheme liquidity into the mainstream news, with reports that schemes were on the verge of collapse and the Bank of England recognising a material threat of…
- Ranked No. 1 EMEA for Borrower & Lender, Syndicated Loans 2022, Bloomberg & Refinitiv 2023
- Ranked No. 1 APAC for Lender, Syndicated Loans 2022, Refinitiv 2023
- Ranked No. 2 Global and APAC for Lender, Syndicated Loans 2022, Bloomberg 2023
- Best Law Firm for Syndicated Loans, GlobalCapital Awards 2022
- Team of the Year for Loans, IFLR Europe Awards 2021
- Deal of the Year for Loans (Tesco RFR) IFLR Europe Awards 2021