Technology-enabled contract review legal service
How can in-house counsel quickly work out the impacts of Covid-19 on a large volume of contracts?
The scale and pace of the crisis, the vast numbers of contracts many of our clients have and the fact legal teams around the world are now working remotely make traditional legal review and analysis a complex solution to a difficult problem.
Conscious of these challenges, we have developed a new platform to help businesses to understand their legal exposure quickly and easily.
Rapid contractual analysis
- Contracts that may have a force majeure clause that might be triggered by Covid-19 and related disruption
- Relevant governing law flagged for targeted local law advice
- Notice periods to claim force majeure under your contracts
- Analysis of counterparty location and delivery methods
- Duty to mitigate
- Force majeure termination rights
- Liquidated damages
Real-time reporting and monitoring dashboard
Enabling remote working and instant access to analyse relevant clauses at the touch of a button.
- Provide a high impact, data-driven assessment to help you understand your immediate exposure and prioritise further review
- Track the status of any force majeure notices that need to be issued or are received
- Present you with a series of maps, charts and graphs to give a rapid top-down view of what your contracts say
- Help you brief your commercial teams and management on legal risk
In-depth legal analysis of your contracts
Strategic and focused legal advice if you need it.
Explore the 6 key stages of your technology-enabled contract review
We will provide you with a dedicated review team to discuss the impact of Covid-19 on your commercial contracts. Generate an action plan on next steps and how to prepare your contracts.
A&O lawyers and technologists will work together to build a dedicated platform for you that enables instant remote access for all parties and reviews large-scale contracts within a short timeframe.
Technologists and data scientists will apply the latest data extraction techniques to run analysis on your contracts. You will have direct access to the platform to upload your contracts or you can send them to us to upload on your behalf.
The digital review will identify key provisions within your contracts that are relevant in the case of Covid-19 disruption. Lawyers from our Legal Services Center (LSC) will verify your immediate exposure to prioritise further review.
Your contract portfolio will be presented in a series of data-driven maps, graphics and charts to give you a rapid overview of your contracts. A ‘click-through’ ability and a work-flow management platform helps you to analyse relevant clauses at the touch of a button.
If requested, A&O lawyers can then provide the strategic advice necessary and work with your in-house legal and commercial teams to maximise your legal position and protect your business.
Key options and features
Real-time view and contract access
Obtain a real-time view of progress and review your contracts securely from any device.
Access one centralised platform by multiple users at any time.
Collect and track contract information from different jurisdictions.
Volume and automation
Automation of force majeure notices where you need to give a notice under large numbers of contracts.