Legal function transformation
A step change is underway in how in-house functions view their role and purpose. To become ‘future-fit’, in-house teams are embracing an innovation agenda for more effective operations.
We help clients respond to these challenges: assessing priority areas for transformation, designing new operating models and agreeing clear implementation plans with workable objectives from day one.
We support in-house teams in the following areas:
Vision, strategy and purpose
Rethinking how the function can support business colleagues and achieve priority enterprise-wide goals.
Technology and data
Simplifying and rationalising processes to drive greater efficiency and solve problems in new ways.
Piloting new approaches
Embedding long term, sustainable change by taking bold decisions and experimenting to assess what works.
Teams, structures and capabilities
Recruiting team members with a wider variety of skills and experiences to complement core capabilities.
Matching business transformation
Proactively transforming the respective function alongside the business.
Client case study: Building a metrics and reporting model for the in-house legal and compliance function of a global financial institutionRead more
Legal innovation podcast: How outsourcing can enhance the operational effectiveness of the in-house legal functionRead more
Areas of support
Insight, best practice, benchmarking
Sharing relevant industry information re best practices and examples of what others are doing with transformation projects.
Assessing existing models; recommending enhancements
Mapping the current state of the relevant function(s) and identifying opportunities for transformation.
New model design
Designing a new target operating model framework based on priority objectives. Our designs help to ensure:
- Business-enablement and improved user experience: Using technology and workflows that deliver a better user experience.
- A data-driven approach: Structuring data to enable insightful transformation, reporting and decision-making.
- Holistic solutions that work: Addressing important issues such as culture, communications and training.
Implementation plans and project management
- Establishing a project plan to deliver the new target operating model framework.
- Project managing leadership to drive execution of the plan.
- Training content and sessions for relevant personnel.
- Post-completion assessment and recommending adjustments.