A&O Consulting Learning Centre
Training tailored and delivered by industry leaders and former regulators
A&O Consulting is not like other consulting firms. Our team comprises industry leaders and former regulators, rather than career consultants. This means we share decades of experience designing and delivering targeted and engaging training within global banks, asset managers, fintechs and corporates.
With this expertise, our training aligns with best practice, featuring high interactivity as well as realistic scenarios to highlight the grey areas.
How do our training courses work?
Our training is flexible and scalable.
We can work with you to develop a set of case studies tailored to your organisation, with a focus on grey-areas and ethical decision making.
These case studies are designed to provoke discussion, challenge and exploration.
This is critical to their impact, provoking learning, greater self-awareness and understanding.
We can work with you to develop a storyboard with engaging and interactive content, ready for automation by your enterprise Learning Management System provider.
We offer a variety of workshop styles to meet your requirements.
Train the Trainer: We deliver powerpoint materials and full speaker notes, allowing you to internalise and repeat training delivery.
Remote service: A&O facilitators deliver the workshop remotely.
Full service: A&O facilitators deliver the workshop face-to-face.
Senior Manager/Board Training
These workshops designed for senior management teams and Boards, including scenario-based ‘firedrill’ exercises or annual Risk Appetite Statement reviews.
Our areas of expertise
Conduct and culture
- Conduct 101
- Conduct risk fundamentals
- Markets and Treasury-specific topics
- Breach reporting responsibilities
- Benchmark integrity
- Whistleblower protection
- Delivered whistleblower protection training to the compliance function of a global financial services company, focusing on key components of an effective whistleblowing programme.
- Developed a comprehensive, group-wide conduct training strategy for an Australian major bank including leader-led sessions, an online module and grey-area case studies.
- Delivered a scenario-based training session for a bank focusing on the client’s corporate values and regulatory expectations concerning risk culture.
- Prepared a bespoke conceptual and scenario-based training session for a global corporation on Diversity, Inclusion and Respect.
- Developed enterprise-level training materials for a global financial institution, covering each employee’s general incident identification and escalation responsibilities.
- Delivered a global conduct training program for the Markets & Treasury functions of two Australian major banks, including interactive case studies and randomised assessment components.
- Financial crime 101
- Anti-bribery and corruption
- Delivered financial crime compliance training to the Board of a multinational insurance company.
- Designed bespoke conceptual and scenario-based online training on CTF/AML, ‘branched’ to accommodate different employee groups.
- Corporate governance
- Directors’ duties
- Sustainability governance
- Subsidiary governance / shadow director risk
- Delivered training to the Board of a large mortgage lender focusing on corporate governance, outlining best practice for Boards, regulatory expectations and the avoidance of common pitfalls.
- Delivered training to the Board of a large corporate focusing on corporate governance, regulatory priorities, culture and conduct and operational resilience.
- Delivered directors' duties and governance training to senior executives of a healthtech, using scenario-based examples.
- Delivered training to the Board of an IT services organisation, with a focus on directors’ duties from a legal and regulatory perspective.
Regulatory strategy & implementation
- Understanding regulatory requirements
- Building effective regulatory relationships and regulatory horizon scanning
- Delivered training and coaching to a senior executive ahead of regulatory interviews. This included mock interview sessions and training sessions on regulatory expectations and likely areas of interview focus.
- Developed training for a major Australian bank on global regulatory priorities and emerging themes.
- Delivered training to the Board of an asset manager to brief them on emerging regulatory priorities and surveillance activities.
- Delivered numerous seminars, town halls and all-team briefings for clients to outline regulatory priorities and expectations on conduct risk, culture, governance and risk management.
- FAR / Responsible Manager
- Recovery and resolution
- Operational resilience
- ESG and the role of compliance
- ESG fundamentals
- Delivered training to senior managers of a global investment bank on their supervisory obligations.
- Delivered a ‘firedrill’ exercise for the Board and Executive Committee of a global wholesale bank, to stress-test their preparedness for a recovery and resolution scenario.
- Facilitated a ‘war-game’ scenario for the Board of a global investment bank to test responses to critical risks and issues.
- Facilitated a Board risk workshop for a major national not-for-profit, covering risk management fundamentals.
- Delivered training to the senior executives of a large financial services company, with a particular focus on conflicts of interest in a financial markets context.
- Delivered an interactive scenario-based training session on compliance fundamentals to the leadership team of a global fashion brand.
- Delivered training to the Board of a large international banking group on the responsibilities of the chairperson, covering regulatory expectations, challenges and issues for Boards and operational resilience.
- Delivered ESG training to a global investment bank covering regulatory scanning, compliance framework considerations, business advice and oversight, with numerous ESG compliance case studies.