Local charitable giving
The Allen & Overy Foundation (London)
One example of our local charitable funds is the Allen & Overy Foundation’s work in London. The Foundation, administered by the London Grants Committee, makes donations to charities that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Charities which work to promote access to justice in the UK.
- Charities which support and develop projects focusing on issues of education, employment and training, based in or benefiting those in Tower Hamlets or Hackney.
- Charities to which A&O volunteers have made a significant contribution, by participating in their activities or providing pro bono and volunteering support.
Making an application to the Allen & Overy Foundation (London)
If you are interested in applying for funding for your charity from the Allen & Overy Foundation (London), please email email@example.com to request an application form.
You will need to include the following information in your application:
- How much the request is for (the typical grant size is between GBP5,000 and GBP10,000);
- what the request is for (including whether the request is for core support or project funding);
- whether the request relates to access to justice; access to education and employment and whether there have been any volunteering or pro bono contributions made by A&O staff;
- a brief description of the organisation’s background and, if project support is sought, a brief explanation of what the project seeks to achieve;
- a description of the intended impact a grant would have;
- the organisation’s status and registration details (e.g. its charitable registration number, its registered address and whether it is a company limited by guarantee or another charitable structure); and
- the latest annual report and accounts.
The cut-off date for submitting proposals for our next grant round is 14 September 2022. The London Grants Committee meets twice a year to award grants (October and March). Any proposal submitted after a cut-off date will be considered in the next round of grants.
For successful charities re-applying, please note a one-year wait has been introduced for any charity who has had two consecutive years of funding. Any charity that falls into this category will be notified.
The image shown above is from our charity, Hope and Homes for Children.
London Grants report