Dr Nils Koffka
Dr Nils Koffka
Nils Koffka, based in Hamburg and Head of the German Private Equity practice.
He advises private equity funds, domestic and international investors and family offices in complex and large-scale private equity transactions, domestic and cross-border acquisitions, divestitures and leveraged buy-outs. He has extensive experience in managing large cross-border private equity transactions.
State Exam University Heidelberg 1989
State Exam Germany 1992
Dr. juris, Heidelberg 1992
News: 13 June 2023
Allen & Overy (A&O) has advised One Equity Partners (OEP), an international middle market private equity firm, on their acquisition of MSQ Partners (MSQ), a next-generation creative and technology…
News: 04 May 2023
News: 08 December 2022
Other noteworthy experience
- Capiton on its acquisition of AEMTec GmbH from exceet Group AG.
- BC Partners on its sale of SGB Smit Group to OEP.
- BC Partners on its EUR3,3bn acquisition of Springer Science Business Media from EQT.
- BC Partners on its acquisition of Brenntag AG and subsequent on its initial public offering.
- RHI AG on its acquisition of a controlling stake in Brazilian Magnesita Refratários S.A. from financial investors GP Investments and Rhône Capital.
- A global asset management firm on the merger of its portfolio company GEHAG with Deutsche Wohnen.
- Mylan Labaratories Inc. on the EUR5bn acquisition of the Merck Generics business.
- Berggruen Holdings Group on the acquisition of Karstadt Warenhaus GmbH and the subsequent partial divestiture.
- Caldec on its sale of Wieners and Wieners to ECM.
- City of Hamburg (SRH) on its acquisition of MVB from Vattenfall and EEW.
- Working with and acting for Hildegard and Horst Röder Stiftung (Hamburg)
- Co-Publisher and Co-Author (2018) "Private Equity", 3. Edition, C.H. Beck Verlag
One of the big animals in the market
Extremely experienced M&A lawyer who forms a view and gives recommendations whilst at the same time knowing how to execute a deal.