Global trends in private M&A 2022
13 January 2022
We have recently produced our annual client presentation on global trends in private M&A. Our findings draw on an in-depth analysis of more than 1,500 private M&A deals that A&O has advised on globally, looking at deal dynamics, execution risks and deal terms. This has given us exceptional insight into evolving global and regional trends in market practice.
Key themes for 2021 include:
- A record-breaking year for global M&A
- Private equity winning more auctions than ever
- Sellers just want to close the deal
- Extensive foreign investment analysis a new dynamic on cross-border transactions
- Demand for W&I insurance exceeds market capacity
- Pre-pandemic warranty packages return
- M&A deal terms normalise after shock of 2020
Please speak to your usual Allen & Overy contact if you would like to schedule a briefing on these trends.