Skip to content

Allen & Overy assists City of Hamburg in buy-back of waste incineration plant

Related people
Koffka Nils
Dr Nils Koffka

Partner

Hamburg

View profile →

Ahrens Boerries
Dr Börries Ahrens

Partner

Hamburg

View profile →

Olgemoeller Udo Herbert
Dr Udo Herbert Olgemoeller

Counsel

Frankfurt am Main

View profile →

Press contacts

For media enquiries relating to this topic, please contact:

Harald Klett
Harald Klett

Manager PR & Communications

Frankfurt am Main

View profile →

25 February 2020

Allen & Overy has advised Stadtreinigung Hamburg (SRH) on the takeover of all shares in the Rugenberger Damm waste incineration plant (MVR).

The SRH group has been holding 45 percent of the shares in MVR since 2014 and now takes over the remaining 55 percent shareholding from former majority owner Vattenfall. With this transaction, SRH takes a further step towards ensuring long-term disposal safety for the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg.

The Allen & Overy Team comprised partners Dr Nils Koffka (corporate/M&A) and Dr Börries Ahrens (antitrust), counsel Dr Udo H Olgemöller (public law, Frankfurt), senior associates Dr Sebastian Remberg (corporate/M&A) and Dr Ioannis Thanos (antitrust), as well as associates Dr Jan Frederik Holst (corporate/M&A), Merle Herrmann (employment law, all Hamburg), Dr Anna Opel (public law, Frankfurt) and transaction officer Siba Rosenbusch (corporate/M&A, Hamburg).