A&O retains title as world’s leading transactional law firm for seventh year
17 Februar 2021
In 2020 Allen & Overy advised on more deals than any other law firm in the world, data from Refinitiv and Dealogic shows. In 2020 A&O advised on 12% more deals than its nearest competitor across global DCM, ECM, Loans, Project Finance and M&A*.
The data also shows that A&O was the third highest adviser in terms of deal value in 2020 and one of four firms to have surpassed the USD1 trillion mark, advising on deals totalling USD1.15 trillion. The 2020 figures confirm that A&O lawyers possess unparalleled market experience to bring to bear on the deals on which they advise.
A&O senior partner Wim Dejonghe commented: “It’s fantastic that we’re maintaining this market-leading position year on year. That we advise on more deals around the world than any other firm is testament to the strength of the international expertise we offer to our global clients, and demonstrates A&O’s unrivalled insight into global markets."
- Global loans transaction rankings for 2020 – A&O again leads the way in EMEA and APAC
- A&O’s International Capital Markets practice recognised as top adviser in 2020
- A&O ends 2020 with a strong performance in global ECM league tables
- A&O’s European Leveraged Finance practice leads the way across several Debtwire rankings for 2020
- A&O’s U.S. Leveraged Finance practice receives top 10 rankings across several categories from Debtwire
- A&O ends 2020 with a strong performance in global M&A league tables