Our New York and Washington, D.C. offices are the core of the global U.S. practice with more than 175 of our U.S. qualified lawyers based there.
Our attorneys handle the most sophisticated and complex domestic and cross-border transactions and cases for our U.S. and non-U.S. clients. We provide a wide range of comprehensive legal services to the world's leading financial institutions, global corporations, funds and multilateral agencies.
As more than 65% of our work involves more than two countries, our U.S. practice is fully integrated with our offices in Europe, Asia, South America, Australia and Africa to provide our international and domestic clients with seamless solutions and a global reach that is unmatched by any other U.S. firm.
Our attorneys include some of the country's leading practitioners that have been recommended by peers and clients in legal and industry publications.
Recognition for our work from the 2011 and 2012 Chambers USA Guide
- "They are amazing. With them on our side, we are always confident that a transaction will work because they know what they are doing."
- "They have a broad global reach, and so whenever there are pieces that are outside of the US I know I have my one go-to person here who can leverage relationships across the globe."
- "This experienced litigation team handles a wide range of general commercial and securities litigation, as well as white-collar crime and government investigations work. The group has been particularly busy in major financial services litigation. With litigation practices in the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Asia, the firm's strong global footprint enables it to handle complex national and international cases."
- "The internationally renowned firm has established a significant presence in the US projects market. The firm is particularly well known for its work in the PPP arena, providing counsel to lenders and sponsors, as well as infrastructure funds and government authorities."
- "This firm stands out in the derivatives and structured products sector for its strong international platform and network of resources. The group maintains close ties to ISDA, and remains a go-to group for key financial institutions"
- "It's one of the preeminent real estate groups in New York."
- "The group provides regulatory advice to the US operations of some of the most recognized financial institutions in the world, including RBS, UBS and BNP Paribas. It also serves as one of the primary outside counsel for SIFMA in relation to the SEC's new pay-to-play rules."
- "It is a really skilled group; the premier firm in the country on any placement agent regulation."
- "The team's most important quality is its tenacity to stay relevant to our business. The lawyers go the extra mile to understand our business."
Find out more about Allen & Overy's global expertise.
Local time :
Allen & Overy LLP
1221 Avenue of the Americas
Take the B, D, F or V Train to the 47-50 Streets - Rockefeller Center Station.
Take the N, R or W to the 49 Street/ 7th Avenue Station.
Local time :
Allen & Overy LLP
1101 New York Avenue, NW
The office is located within easy walking distance to the McPherson Square Metro Station which serves both the Blue and Orange lines and the Metro Center Station which services the Blue, Orange, and Red lines.
The main entrance to the building can be found at 1101 New York Avenue NW, located on the north side of I St NW between 12th St NW and 11th St NW.