Our New York and Washington, D.C. offices are the core of the global U.S. practice with more than 175 of our U.S. qualified lawyers based there.
Our attorneys handle the most sophisticated and complex domestic and cross-border transactions and cases for our U.S. and non-U.S. clients. We provide a wide range of comprehensive legal services to the world's leading financial institutions, global corporations, funds and multilateral agencies.
As more than 65% of our work involves more than two countries, our U.S. practice is fully integrated with our offices in Europe, Asia, South America, Australia and Africa to provide our international and domestic clients with seamless solutions and a global reach that is unmatched by any other U.S. firm.
Our attorneys include some of the country's leading practitioners that have been recommended by peers and clients in legal and industry publications.
Recognition for our work from recent Chambers USA Guides
• “A key selling point is its ‘truly international’ network and cross-border expertise, alongside ‘deep knowledge about the U.S.’”
• "They have a broad global reach, and so whenever there are pieces that are outside of the US I know I have my one go-to person here who can leverage relationships across the globe."
• "The team has tremendous subject matter expertise and they have distinguished themselves in terms of knowledge. On cross-border transactions it is very clear that they can draw on expertise in every relevant regulatory regime."
• "What they do as a practice is take the time to understand the business of the institutions they are dealing with. They give advice which makes sense under the framework in which you work."
• "They can cut to the heart of the matter and help the businesspeople focus on what really matters and get to a deal. It's that commercial aspect that sets them apart."
• “Allen & Overy LLP offers a ‘very high level of service’ as it is ‘able to put all of the firm’s resources at clients’ disposal’.”
• "This experienced litigation team handles a wide range of general commercial and securities litigation, as well as white-collar crime and government investigations work. The group has been particularly busy in major financial services litigation. With litigation practices in the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Asia, the firm's strong global footprint enables it to handle complex national and international cases."
• "The internationally renowned firm has established a significant presence in the US projects market. The firm is particularly well known for its work in the PPP arena, providing counsel to lenders and sponsors, as well as infrastructure funds and government authorities."
• "This firm stands out in the derivatives and structured products sector for its strong international platform and network of resources. The group maintains close ties to ISDA, and remains a go-to group for key financial institutions"
• "It's one of the preeminent real estate groups in New York."
• "The group provides regulatory advice to the US operations of some of the most recognized financial institutions in the world, including RBS, UBS and BNP Paribas. It also serves as one of the primary outside counsel for SIFMA in relation to the SEC's new pay-to-play rules."
Find out more about Allen & Overy's global expertise.
Local time :
Allen & Overy LLP
1221 Avenue of the Americas
Take the B, D, F or V Train to the 47-50 Streets - Rockefeller Center Station.
Take the N, R or W to the 49 Street/ 7th Avenue Station.
Local time :
Allen & Overy LLP
1101 New York Avenue NW
The office is located within easy walking distance to the McPherson Square Metro Station which serves both the Blue and Orange lines and the Metro Center Station which services the Blue, Orange, and Red lines.
The main entrance to the building can be found at 1101 New York Avenue NW, located on the north side of I St NW between 12th St NW and 11th St NW.