Cookies on our website

We use cookies on our website. To learn more about cookies, how we use them on our site and how to change your cookie settings please view our cookie policy.

Read more Close
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In

allenovery.com

M&A Insights

 
 

 

While deal values have continued to soar, driven by megadeals, the outlook is increasingly uncertain. To sustain that performance in 2019, dealmakers will need to think in new ways about the political, legal and trade risks they face. Here are the highlights:

Megadeals continue to power the global market

In the year to date, the value of transactions is up by 32% although deal volumes have fallen back by 10%. Cross-border activity continues to take a growing share of the overall market, with the value of international deals standing 42% higher so far this year, a 10-year high.


U.S. market dominates despite testing market conditions

The powerful U.S. transactions market continues to dominate global M&A activity with deal values soaring by 57% in first 10 months of the year with an accent on strategic, big-ticket deals across wide range of sectors.

 

Top six sectors by values (USD)



A mixed story across sectors with TMT reaching new highs

The TMT sector continues a strong and familiar theme of growth which has been supported by a spate of huge deals – notably in the U.S. and European telecoms and media sectors – which has sent TMT transactions hurtling towards a 10-year high in 2018, with deal values up by 81% while volumes have stayed relatively flat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
©2018 Allen & Overy LLP              SITE MAP      LEGAL NOTICES      CONTACT US


  • Add comment (optional)